Monday 6 August 2012

October 2011

Quite a range of film watched this month, although I didn’t fancy the King’s Speech and can’t see myself changing my mind any time soon!

Little Fockers:

I can’t say I’ve ever been a fan of this series on films, but thought I would go against my better judgement and watch the latest version.

In general I like Ben Stiller movies, and anything where he works with Owen Wilson should be a good thing, but in a word......NO!

Comedy – Rating:
1 out of 5 (funny, but encourages me to stick to my gut, hence I’m never watching the King’s Speech)

Pirates of the Caribbean – On Strangers Tides:

For a movie franchise based out of an amusement ride at Disneyland, I have to admit they have done well. The first film in the series was excellent, with a strong cast throughout, and when they wanted to make the 2nd and 3rd films, the producers did manage to squeeze an almost consistent storyline throughout them all. However with Orland Bloom replacing Davy Jones “at world’s end” there is just no workable way to make a fourth instalment (and I hear their planning a fifth).

Yes I’ll admit that Jonny Depp as Jack Sparrow is a great movie role, but a Pirates without Kiera Knightley just isn’t worth watching!

So with no Orlando and Kiera my expectations were pretty low, and then there’s Blackbeard.....whoever thought of casting Lovejoy in the role really does need shooting!

We end up with by far the worst of the Pirates series, but can be quite an enjoyable film if you can’t remember the first three.

Fantasy Adventure – Rating:
3 out of 5 (how long can Jonny Depp keep this franchise going)

Tangled:

Now this isn’t really my type of film, and I’m not 100% sure how it ended up on my Lovefilm list, but I thought I watch it for the amusement factor.

Now I shouldn’t have to explain the story of Rapunzel, but modern animation really does revitalise these classic tales. In general the film was fun with the horse being my favourite character. All-round good family entertainment.

Kid’s film – Rating:
4 out of 5

The Social Network:

Yes I use Facebook, but no I don’t want to watch a movie about it! Or at least I didn’t think I wanted to.

I had been putting off watching this for some time and I’ll be the first to admit that was a mistake. This film is brilliant!

Now I have no idea how truthful the movie is, or how realistic the portrayal of Mark Zuckerberg is, but I don’t care.

Jesse Eisenberg is great all the way through and even Justin Timberlake’s performance makes me want to have a beer with Sean Parker.

If you use Facebook you simply have to see this movie, even if you avoid it and prefer Twitter it’s a must see........... hell if you own a computer (which is probably a given as your reading this blog) I can’t emphasise enough how much you need to check this out!

Biographic Drama – Rating:
5 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment